Scent-spiration


  Today I made it my mission to fill our home with the scent of spring. We have been having very mysterious weather lately- bright sunsets that look like they are on fire, thick foggy afternoons and dreamy misty mornings. Although I adore the season, I am certainly looking forward to spring with all of its bright flowers, wonderful sunny days and brighter energy.

 The smell of lilac blossoms remind me of certain colors and tastes.  It all blends together to create a very interesting feeling that inspires me to get painting in bright hues, on large canvas, with big brushstrokes.

 Our sense of smell is a direct route to inspiration. Unique smells can conjure up specific details in our memories.

 My sense of smell is one of my favorite tool to inspire creativity.

 Do you have a favorite scent? How does it make you feel? How can you work with those feelings in a creative way?